When products outlive their design, become obsolete due to technology changes, or have new demands due to an evolving market place, re-engineering becomes imperative to protect or grow the market share. Droisys has a well-defined methodology to provide re-engineering services.
Droisys’s re-engineering methodology
- Functional analysis:
Identify the product feature gaps, followed by reverse engineering to salvage business logic in the absence of documentation
- Technical analysis:
Study the architecture and review for performance, maintainability, extensibility, security
Present findings to customer with recommendations on the approach to re-engineering comprehensive product testing across platforms, white box unit testing, performance testing, and stress testing to ensure products are market ready.
- Redesign the application as per the analysis phase
- Refactor code
- Reorganize the database indexes and table for performance
- Database migration strategy
- Redesign the presentation layer
Parallel run & rollout
- Limited rollout keeping the old and the new systems working in parallel
- Planned progression to a full rollout
- © 2012 DROISYS INC.